New ways to bring more adult fun and pleasure into your holiday season.
When you think of ‘the holidays’ and ‘sexy’ the first things that come to mind are Santa themed lingerie or Black Friday deals on sex toys, but how can we step away from these capitalism driven cliches? The cold and grey skies of winter might not scream SEX APPEAL but thankfully there are a few things you can do to spice up your holiday season.
1. Ayurvedic Self Massage: Sounds luxurious right? In Ayurveda the practice of Ayurvedic massage with oil (abhyanga) is recommended daily. Self massage is believed to melt away stress and tension in the body and if you add in an oil of your choice this only boosts the benefits. Sesame oil is one of the most frequently used oils in Ayurvedic medicine because it is nourishing, calming and warming. The warm oily quality of sesame is great especially in the winter when dryness and cold are prevalent. Add some candle lights, some ambient music and put your phone on airplane mode to make the most of this time with yourself (or with your partner!). Let us know how it was when you try it!
2. Sexploration: Sexy doesn’t always have to be so serious. If we are spending more time indoors why not make it fun and add some games into the mix. This could be a game like Taboo: Midnight edition, a steamy version of tabu for adults only , or one of your own making. Maybe this is your chance to dress up in your Lash Fetish Gear and get into that role play you have been day dreaming about all year. Maybe you want to try your hand at making your own ethical porn. The possibilities are endless really, just remember to try to have fun with whatever you decide to do. What kinds of games do you like to play? Let us know in the comments below so we can all try something new this month.
3.Donate: What is sexier than supporting those in need? Nothing really. This holiday season we encourage you to give some of your time, energy or cash to those who may be less privileged than you. There are so many ways to support our local community.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter in your neighborhood. They can always use an extra pair of hands!
- Donate your Clothes/ Jackets to those in need through organisations like Tentaja
- Make food for the homeless with Berliner Obdachlosenhilfe
- If you have some extra cash this season consider donating to Kälte Hilfe
This time of year is heavy on capitalism and pushing the idea that we need to buy things to be happy. It’s 2021 and we know that the truth is that these companies thrive on our insecurities. So this holiday season, I encourage you to do things a little differently and take time to be with yourself and your loved ones and remember that you’re lovely just the way you are!
By the way, be sure to check out Making the Holidays Sexy and Ethical, by Amber Mallery. And is you want to hear Amber talk more about Sex School Hub and why we do what we do, check out this interview.